Saturday, March 26, 2011

Is It Too Late to Switch My Primary Language to Spanish?

Pending the official announcment at the end of the month.........

The following have all been added to the Oxford English Dictionary:
  • OMG 
(We are promoting the idea that future generations of the American population might actually communicate via abbreviations)
  • LOL
(What happened to the crazy notion of actually just laughing out loud?! We now have to narrate our actions using digital technology.)
(Dear writers of the Oxford English Dictionary: This is not even a word. It contains no letters of the alphabet. No wonder those crazy Mexicans can't learn English)

Good News! Muffin top and wassup will also be added making my use of these words in conversation less ridiculous and 25% more cool.

"Wassup, Officer Bob! Do these pants make my muffin top look big?" LOL

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

OMG, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this announcement earlier this week. I'm scared for future generations. And we wonder why the US is so far down on the list in academic achievements.

Luckily, what will NOT go into the Oxford English Dictionary is how lame the two of us are for cyberstalking each other through various avenues at 10:50 on a Saturday night.

Big Boca Bob said...

And by lame, I'm sure you mean "ridiculously awesome".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...