Saturday, June 30, 2012

In Exactly Four Days

IN EXACTLY FOUR DAYS........
I will be standing on the beach in Florida,
requesting kleenex from those beside me,
to blot the sweat-mixed tears streaming down my face,
as I watch my best friend,
MARRY THE MAN OF HER DREAMS.

Talk about romantic.

A wedding.
On the beach.
On the 4th of July.
Now that's some serious fireworks.

Furthermore,
Talk about a long flippin' journey of friendship.

In honor of your upcoming nuptials, Kelly,
I opted to take you on a little photo journey
of our ever-growing relationship.

And at times,
it can be slightly embarrassing.

Buckle up.
It's a long ride.


TOGETHER:
we survived the awkard Jr. High years
(filled with less than mediocre dance moves
and apparently draw-string denim. yikes!)

 TOGETHER:
we survived MANY years of cheerleading camp
(and judging by this photo, it's probably a good thing
that you were the "flyer" and I stayed on the ground)
 TOGETHER:
we survived high school.
period.
we survived the drama of being a teen including but not limited to:
boyfriends (more for you than me)
break-ups
bitches
sleepovers
dippin' ice cream @ The Dairy Station
bad hair days
12 minute runs
proms
homecomings
and our fair share of dress-up days
(in which we ALWAYS participated)
obviously.

 P.S. Our "opposite sex day" photo above caused some
serious damage for my fiance.
In the words of Officer Bob:
"Please don't put that up.
You look too much like a dude and its freaking me out."
 TOGETHER:
we survived the "make bad decisions due to alcohol consumption" years


TOGETHER:
we've celebrated friends' weddings
and stood up next to others making that vow
(which looking at the second picture below......
why would someone let us stand next to eachother on their wedding day?)

 TOGETHER:
we have celebrated several years of birthdays
(some more memorable than others)
 I stood by and watched your amazing transition into motherhood.
And I watch you grow in that role every day.
I stood next to you on the day you were crowned
Homecoming Queen
And I can't belive in EXACTLY four days,
I will stand next to you on your wedding day.
You are a beautiful human being both on the inside and outside.
I thank God for blessing me with your friendship,
and I look forward to our friendship growing through
HUSBANDS, kids, mid-life crises, menopause, etc.
(Plus, I have to keep you close because in all reality,
you just know WAY too much.)
 In case I never tell you,
I LOVE YA, GIRL!
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
(and Officer Bob thanks you for making that big day
happen on a Florida beach....HELLO VACATION!)

Oh.....and Jamie........

You hurt her?

I remove your testacles.

One by one.

With a dull, rusty, pocketknife

Got it?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...