Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Hallows' Eve: The Fun Factor Increases The Older You Get

The other day, I made the statement:

(and I quote)

"Someday I am going to grow up to be a mature adult. Today is not that day"

Is it just me or does Halloween get increasingly better the older you get? I remember the days of trick or treating having a blast running around town, filling up on an insane amount of candy, picking out which teachers' houses you were gonna hit up for the best selection, and totally crashing from the night's festivities around 9:00pm.
HOWEVER, as my age increases over the years, I must admit that my maturity has not. Halloween has officially become a night of dressing up in ridiculous attire, creating your own dance parties, playing alcohol-related games that I'm not so sure have any clear, concise rules, and hittin' the club in an effort to show up all the slutty 21 year olds who dressed up in as minimal clothing as possible. Question: Have you ever seen a mouse wearing knee high stockings and lingerie? I have. And they travel in packs.

Halloween 2011 did not disappoint in the area of "awesomeness." What could be more fun then spending the evening as Mexi-Pippi Longstocking (representin' Brown Town) challenging Jake and Elwood Blues to a rousing game of flippy cup while a bumble bee buzzes around the table showing off dance moves circa 1994? I find myself drawing a blank! - because there is absolutely NOTHING better!


The night only became slightly awkward when Jake and Elwood thought it would be appropriate to celebrate flippy cup wins with the occasional make-out. I never realized the Blues Brothers were so close! I'm assuming they left that part out of the story for a reason.
And then the party truly began when Elwood, Pippi, and Buzz the Bee totally annihilated the kittens, Lady Gaga's, butterflies, fairies, and every other totally overdone female costume of the year on the dance floor. I hate to brag but WE CAN bust a move! And damn do we look good doing it!


And as amazing as it was beating that poor little cheerleader in a Beyonce dance-off, nothing compares to the emotions I felt when receiving this picture via text message from Huracan.
That adorable baseball is the home of my future niece or nephew. Props to Mama B for joining in the Halloween fun! I may be a Cubs fan, but I am an even bigger fan of Baby Beans.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...