Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Believe In Seasonal Affective Disorder

An ode to the changing of the season........

I call it......

COLD WEATHER BLOWS

The time for winter coats is almost here.
I cringe at the thought of it being so near.

I'll be prepared with long underwear and wooly socks
When I wake up on Sunday to set back the clocks.

Hello bitter cold and frosty night.
You make so mad, it's just not right!

As I pray for the cold to be put to a halt,
Please know my grouchy attitude is ALL YOUR FAULT!

My lips are already chapped and my skin is dry.
The decreasing temperature makes me cry.

All bundled up with a frostbitten toe,
I dread the thought of ice and shoveling snow.

I'd rather have a full year of fun
Playing outside in the warmth of the sun.

But instead you choose to come each and every year
To make me shiver and freeze my rear.

The thought of winter makes me ill.
And don't get me started on the heating bill!

And as the snot freezes in my raw, red nose,
I curse Mother Nature cuz Cold Weather Blows!

The cold does bring with it ONE good thing, I must say......
NO shaving my legs for three months! Hooray!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...