Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And She Lived To Tell About It........

I did it.

I plunged.

I jumped (slowly walked) into frigid waters.

All in the name of charity.

Outside Temperature: 13 degrees

Water Temperature: 39 degrees

How does that even happen?

Conclusion...................

It wasn't THAT bad.



For me anyway.

The poor scuba man suited up in the water behind me had somewhat of a different experience. He didn't realize there would be a full moon at noon on that balmy Saturday. If anyone knows the name of the poor rescue diver positioned directly behind my bare ass as I exited the lake this past Saturday, please inform me as I would like to send him a formal apology as well as a gift certificate for a professional eye exam. I'm sure this be-hind did some serious permanent ocular damage. How was I to know that my running pants would slide down my shivering hips in freezing temperatures while my hands/fingers simultaneously went numb resulting in my inability to correct the situation in a timely manner? I am clearly not a trained plunger here! Proven by my lack of appropriate attire.

Advice to any of you plunging soon.................

Wear pants that fit.
OR pants that have a drawstring and TIGHTEN those babies up good!

Luckily, Officer Bob (who stood in the "TOO CHICKEN TO PLUNGE" area a.k.a. WUSSVILLE) was unable to get a clear video of the unfortunate event.

All in all, you were right, Goldie.
It was fun.
Yada. Yada. Blah. Blah.

Congrats to all those who were "freezin for a reason" and good luck to all those yet to plunge!

1 comment:

Goldie said...

Knew you'd like it! If you're crazy enough to run for 26.2 miles, then I knew you were more than tough enough to handle this. Great job first time plunging! Thanks for freezing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...