Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Not Sister Bonding Without a Few Tears

What is the best graduation present ever.................

Graduation Picture Frame?

No.

New Clothes?

Nope.

Money?

Not exactly.

45 minutes of torture and permanently fixating a fairly ridiculous Hispanic-themed cartoon on your skin?

ABSOLUTELY!!

A few years ago, I gifted myself (for the second time) with a cute little tattoo on my ankle.
Since doing so, Dancing Queen has been talking non-stop about how amazingly cool I am for doing so. Or maybe that's just what I got out of her endless ranting about wanting the SAME tattoo. So.....being the extremely awesome super fantabulous role model that I am, I gifted her the chance to do so as a wee little graduation present. At her graduation fiesta, I presented Dancing Queen with a date at the tattoo parlor with Roger (an incredibly gracious cowboy boot-wearing, tattoo-covered, giant holes in his ears man).

Officer Bob had made a bet that upon hearing the sound of the pain-inducing needles, Dancing Queen would be in tears and out the door before you could say "Ay chihuahua!" However, with a little reassurance and constant encouragement, Dancing Queen took her seat and endured the pain like a champ.

Well.....kind of like a champ. I had NO feeling in my hand after she squeezed the life out of it and off the record, there may have been one or two droplets of liquid streaming from just one eye.

What made it all worth it? Receiving her goody bag of suckers for being such a good girl and sitting so still. I still don't understand the theory behind rewarding stupidity. But nevertheless, I am so proud.

We have successfully survived another sister bonding moment. We will one day be forced to tell embarrassing stories to our children about how we used poor-decision making skills in our youth. However, if I have to be labeled a poor excuse for a role model, I would only want to be yours, Dancing Queen.

I'm sure we make Mama Dirt so proud! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...