Friday, December 17, 2010

8 Reasons Why I Am NOT a Grinch!

I have noticed recently that many of my posts have unintentionally (minus the UN) made me appear a bit Scrooge-ish. Hatred for the Illinois winter weather or not......I actually do know how to get into the holiday spirit. Mother Nature can't bring me down!

1.  After "some" convincing from my snow-loving boyfriend, I ventured out into the white winter dust to play with the pups. I will admit that I am sure Gilbert and Reggie loved this experience much more than I. But I will also admit that I had a little bit of fun myself! (For about the first 15 minutes until I could no longer feel my toes.) Note: I inherited the eff-you-cold-weather trait from Osama Bin Father. Bundle up, Pops! It's gonna be a LONG winter!



 2. The stockings were hung by the window (due to a lack of chimney) with care. Note: these stockings were purchased from the clearance bin at the Dollar Tree. Let's not go crazy here.
 3. The "donated from the grandparents" pre-lit christmas tree was plugged in. Note: there is a large stripe through the center of the tree that is not lit because I have about 10 million other things higher on the priority list than checking every flippin bulb to determine which one is out. Besides......I think the light-less belt makes the tree look thinner. Maybe I should decorate myself in strands of white lights and see if the same trick works for me!
 4. I have the Mama Dirt homemade wreath proudly displayed in my living room. Kudos to Mama Dirt for her wreath-making skillz. You go girl! That is one helluva bow!
5. I made the largest, most awkward, not-so-artistic clay pawprint ornaments with the boys. Let's hope the "christmas crafting skill" develops a bit more before motherhood. Note: another Dollar Tree clearance special!

 6. The Feliz Navidad singing chihuahua is displayed proudly on the piano. Note: Reggie either does not like A. fake, stuffed chihuahuas or B. Mexican music. Let's hope for A cuz if it's the latter he's gonna be screwed come Cinco de Mayo.
 7. The collection of Christmas cards has officially started and the display is started on the laundry room doors. Note: It REALLY weirds me out that I am starting to get Christmas cards from friends with pictures of their real human KIDS.  Kelly.....I'm talking to you and your 5-year-old-looking daughter. Can you please slow down the maturing process in that child?!
8. Apparently I have made an impression on someone who felt the need to create the following video to remind me that Santa is ALWAYS watching. By the way......will the creator of this video please fess up because I will lose sleep trying to figure it out and we all know how I need my beauty sleep. YIKES!
http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watch/guest/EqdEimzTs0fNcaxeCcMn4Q

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...