Friday, October 15, 2010

I Thought They Said "Rum"

Tomorrow is THE day.

Race day.

Otherwise known as F-day.

As in "why the eff did I sign up for this?"

A friend sent me the following photo for encouragement with the tagline
 "I hired the same photographer to take pictures of you during your run"

If this is a joke......
I'm not laughing.

To makes things clear:
At NO time during the Men's Health Urbanathlon will I look like this for the following reasons:
  1. I may not hide it well (as stated in a previous post), but I am Brown.
  2. After rummaging through my closet for an appropriate outfit for tomorrow's race, I opted NOT to go with my red halter top and black bikini bottoms. A girl of my size attempting to jump over taxis and crawl under street barricades must dress for function instead of fashion. It's a shame that extra-large heavy duty sports bras (thats right....I said bras. I have to wear two), baggy t-shirts, and paint-stained running shorts aren't styled on the runway because I pull them off quite nicely.
  3. I have NEVER had this smile on my face while engaging in activity. Don't get me wrong.....exercise is fun (sometimes), but who really enjoys it this much?! Apparently size "0" models who lack the ability to sweat.
  4. My belly button is real.
 The photographer will have his work cut out for him, and at best, may pull off something more like this......


Running is fun, right?
Ask me that tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

As a friend so kindly told me as I worried about making a fool of myself before the 5 mile in July: "Don't worry about people making fun of you. They'll be too busy looking at your boobs while you run to notice you're dying a slow death". Let's hear it for the girls who rock the double sports bra look. Holla!

Good luck tomorrow, Bob. I can't wait to read the recap!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck....Glad it's you and not me! Gramma Poke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...