Saturday, August 7, 2010

Casa de Bob

The house hunt is over.
The dotted line is signed.
Officer Bob has reluctantly agreed to a life of poverty.
It's official.

Big Boca Bob and Officer Bob are HOMEOWNERS!





As mentioned previously, CareBear saved the day with her GIANT canister of Home Defense. This picture is not photoshopped. These alien spiders took over when the sun went down, and I was afraid to enter/leave the house with these eight-legged, steroid-taking, poor excuse for a living creatures lurking outside both the front and back doors. Luckily, CareBear has even a greater hatred for the species and I followed her around the house as she drowned them in chemicals shouting, "DIE SPIDER DIE!" I'm sure the neighbors now believe there is a mentally unstable woman moving into the neighborhood. The sound of doors being locked at the surrounding houses made me realize I may have not made the best first impression.
Turns out painting must be quite the workout. Five minutes into it, Officer Bob looked down to see Gilbert on the floor in this position. What I didn't tell him was I was doing the same thing in the empty spare bedroom. We were both tuckered out.
Even Gilbert got in on the painting action. He was responsible for retrieving the rollers for us. Anything to keep him busy!
I made Officer Bob snap this photo just to prove that I was working too.
Once again.....the purple walls are not staying. As much as I enjoy most things associated with the color (grapes, violets, jam, lavender, etc.), I still despise that singing dinosaur that's been haunting my dreams since childhood. I refuse to have the color of Barney splattered on any wall in this house. Officer Bob is a paining professional. I believe he is regretting ever telling me that he used to be employed by a painting business. Since divulging this information, several decisions have been made regarding how much painting will be done in the house. The list consists of EVERY ceiling, EVERY wall, EVERY piece of trim, EVERYthing. Poor Officer Bob. Luckily, I have become his apprentice and am quite the fast learner.
The following task was completed during the cries and whines of The Llama shouting, "I can't believe I'm cleaning somebody else's s$#t!
Daisy Duke hard at work cleaning the kitchen cabinets. Her cleaning skills are second to none. Mr. Clean has some competition with this one. Come to think of it......ever thought of shaving that head, Daisy Duke?
KitchenDining Room
Family RoomIt is going to be a LONG road, but we are ready for the challenge. Please pray for us as we have decided to paint every ceiling, every wall, and every piece of trim. And by we.....I pretty much mean I decided and Officer Bob agreed. You will find that is how most decisions are made between us. A BIG thank you to Daisy Duke, The Llama, CareBear, and Titty Baby for their help during CASA MAKEOVER DAY 1. Daisy Duke led the troops with (as The Llama would say) her cleaning nazi skills. Also thanks to to The Llama for performing duties underneath the ranks of Daisy Duke and serving as a great babysitter for Gilbert. And a special thanks to CareBear for saving the day with Home Defense spray at about 11:00pm last night when the spiders took over the front yard. CASA MAKEOVER DAY 1 was a success.

There are many stories to tell, but little time. For now, you will just have to be content with the less-than-mediocre photography until God grants me another 12 hours in the day.

Living Room


The turqoise walls are NOT staying. If you plan on coming over before this room is finished, remember to bring your solar eclipse goggles to protect your eyes when looking at these walls.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...