Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Move Over Abby Lee

I really wish I had a digital copy of my very first dance recital. I was three years old. The song was Hula Hula Baby. I was wearing a gold shimmer hula skirt. It looked a little something like this.......


Dear Young Dance Factory Preschool Tap Girl,

Don't pay attention to your critics for you will someday blossom into a freestyle twerking angel. I once knew a girl in your same position - an enthusiasm for the stage and a colorful rhythm beating from your imaginative soul. That little girl turned into the REPEAT champion of her town's talent contest AND is able to add college bar Rihanna Dance-off Gold Medalist to the list of awards and recognitions on her resume. You keep on shining, my friend, for you are going places. I am a proud witness to your talents.

Broadway couldn't handle us, baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...