Sunday, May 19, 2013

Proud Wife

My husband makes me uber proud every day by waking up in the evening, lacing up his boots, keying up his radio, strapping on his duty belt, and heading out the door to a highly NON glamorous job while the rest of us in the central time zone are getting ready to put our heads to the pillow and drift off to dream land.

Officer Bob has a work ethic that rises above the majority of other men I've met in their late 20's. He has had the same employer for almost 5 years and has NEVER missed work or called in a sick day - even at the begging and pleading of his then girlfriend for a Sunday Funday at home. He is one of the most humble men I know and struggles with embarrassment every time I gloat about him, but he is truly deserving of all the praise he receives.

I have no doubts I will experience MANY proud moments as his wife in the years to come and the collection of those memories has officially started.

This past Tuesday Officer Bob brought home the following:

 
 
He nonchalantly sets a giant plaque on the table and says, "I got promoted today." It comes out like this is a no-big-deal occurrence that happens all the time in the same way one would proclaim "I ate breakfast today" or "I took a dump today."
 
What my husband lacks in expressing emotion, I make up for in excess. I will have you know - this is a big deal - not only because it takes him longer to get dressed every morning since he has to pin on super important fancy schmancy Sergeant bars, but also because I have to make an OFFICIAL blog name change. This has never happened in the history of the Big Boca Bob blog, and I'm sorry to report that my request for a formal ceremony has been denied.
 
Congratulations, Sergeant Bob
 
I am 100% positive about two things:
  1. You will excel in your new role.
  2. I will enjoy serving as your super hot trophy wife.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...