Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Happening.

Ready or not..........

It's Happening.

Saturday Night Fever rocks the hizzouse THIS weekend.

P.S. I'm ready. Seriously ready.

Today Grand Puba and Daisy Duke celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. Daisy Duke said it best - "Why even think about a second honeymoon......when there's no evidence that we have even finished our first." I sure do hope that thirty years from this Saturday, Officer Bob and I will be able to express the same sentiment. Thank you Grand Puba and Daisy Duke for raising your son in such a loving household. It is because of you that he will have the courage to stand next to me this weekend and start the long winding, twisting, turning, full of potholes road down our own journey of marriage.

 
I knew the day I met him
he had to be The One.


The one that I'd been waiting for
was the one who is your son.

As his mom you gave him guidance,
that taught him how to find
the very best within himself,
and now that blessing's mine.

As his dad you showed him how to treat
the woman of his dreams
with trust, respect, and patience
the love you taught him gleams.

In days gone by you held him
and now you let him go,
If tears fall on our wedding day
I'll understand, you know.

I want so much to thank you
for all that you have done,
for The One that
I've been waiting for
is the one who is your son.

Grand Puba and Daisy Duke -

From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU.
I will never be able to express the happiness you have given me.
My heart is full because of your creation. God's blessing to you became my own.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...