Monday, January 14, 2013

It's a Small Town

At approximately 6:20am on a brisk Sunday morning, I receive the following text message from Officer Bob who has just left the house for a day on the job:

"Can you make sure the doors are locked? There is a weirdo guy dressed in all black standing in the alley by the railroad tracks just staring at nothing."

My response:

"Creepy"

(Give me a break. It was my weekend. I wanted to sleep. As a general rule, I have trained my brain to not function at full strength until after the sun has come up.)

A reply from Officer Bob:

"Yeah. I even slowed down to check it out and the creep just stood there."

(This is where Officer Bob and I differ. It may be my lack of law enforcement training, but I would NOT slow down to check out creepy guy. I would drive faster to escape potential danger of the situation including but not limited to robbery, murder, etc.)

End Scene.

Later that afternoon, I am enjoying a nice conversation with my future mother-in-law, Daisy Duke. In discussing the day, Daisy Duke informs me that she was out walking the dog early that morning. I inquired as to if she had ventured near the railroad tracks during said walk. Daisy Duke continues to inform me that she indeed was walking the dog near the railroad tracks at exactly 6:20am. I ask if Daisy Duke also witnessed the potential murderer loitering around the tracks at said time.

Her response? (said with slight hesitation)

"I think it was me."

My response?

Laughter. Lots and lots and lots of laughter.

Daisy Duke continues her story by describing the attire she chooses to wear when roaming the streets of our small town bright and early every morning. It may or may not include tall black boots, black coat, scarf , gloves, and black hood worn in the upright position and tied tight.

In Officer Bob's defense, this attire would provoke some type of "creepy" vibe in the darkness of an early winter morning.

So......here is my warning to citizens of this same little village.

The "creepy guy" givin' you that "I need to notify the police of suspicious activity" vibe who is chillin' by the tracks every morning is no more than a loving mother and wife simply engaging in a little exercise.

She'll be the same lady walkin' in her pajamas pushing a cat stroller once spring hits.

Weirdo?

Maybe.

Thief/Killer?

Not so much.


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I love that weirdo!
Carebear

Anonymous said...

This post is too funny....oh, by the way, the wedding invitations are so cool! I had to take it to work today to show the girls....I can't wait! You are so creative!
Gramma Poke

The Mrs. said...

This post has had me laughing all week long. Hilarious - you can't make that kind of stuff up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...