Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY.

It's 11:45 PM on the last night of 2012, and I am currently wrapped up in a cozy blanket drinking a hot cup of coffee watching a Hallmark movie. Officer Bob is snoring while snuggled up with my two favorite bed-hogging mutts, and this might be my favorite NYE we have shared together.

I had full intentions TWICE of getting all dressed up and hitting the town this evening. However, my dress and heels are still sitting in the closet, and I am still parked in my favorite spot on the couch.

I'm not sure if it's the Kahlua in my coffee or the super annoying feel-good cheery script of the Hallmark movie I'm currently watching, but I feel happy.

  • Happy that I made it through 2012 in good health and with somewhat sane mind.
  • Happy that I survived the Mayan Apocalypse.
  • Happy to have spent time with my fun-loving family on the last day of this year.
  • Happy that the family I speak of consists of a happy mother, a happier than I have seen in a long time father, and three siblings who make me very proud.
  • Happy that in exactly 15 minutes, I will be able to say "I am getting married this year."
  • Happy that my heart believes the man I will be marrying is my soul mate and true love.
  • Happy that when that marriage occurs, I will be gaining another set of loving parents and a full crazy crew of brothers and sisters whom I already consider to be some of my best friends.
  • Happy that the disturbing broadcast of Jersey Shore's finest fist-pumping guidos and meatballs will finally be terminated from the television airwaves leaving more room for SOA's Harley-riding hotties and the living dead to haunt my evenings.
  • Happy that both Officer Bob and I have found careers that we love and that allow us to financially cover our basic needs.
  • Happy that the only resolution I can come up with this year is to be equally happy on the last day of 2013 as I am today.
It's annoying, I know. I have recently been described as both obnoxious and peppy, and I have a reputation to protect. I am proud of both qualities for those irritating character traits are the same characteristics that allow me to embrace the positive life around me. Trust me when I say that every day of this past year has NOT been sunshine and laughter. There have been tears. There have been struggles. But there have also been smiles. Lots of smiles. Those are the moments I want to remember.

As I watch the clock strike midnight, I will take a glance at my bucket list scheming ways I can cross off as many items as possible in 2013. I will rejoice in the sound of my fiance sawing logs, and I will sip on yet another glass of Kahlua. Man that's good shit.

Happy New Year to all and to all a good night!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...