Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dear Titty Baby and CareBear,

This past weekend made me realize that

 I love you.

Not in a creepy "I want to have your babies" kind of way, but more in a "I totally respect you and admire you" kind of way.

Titty Baby -

I'm not sure I have ever met a man as hard working as you. You are a proud husband and father who is determined to provide the best life possible for your wife and daughter. I can't begin to imagine the blood, sweat, and possibly tears that you have poured into renovating your humble abode over the past few months, but do know that this slightly overweight brown girl is TOTALLY IMPRESSED. You have made that house a home and you should give yourself one helluva pat on the back.

Care Bear -

Life is full of crazy twists and turns (especially since you decided to marry a man who would sell his mother for a perky profit), but you just go along for the ride. I am amazed at your poise and positive attitude. Sure - there are tears and yelling (some days more than others), but you hold your head high and keep routine for that adorable little girl I call my niece. Sacrifices are made and hours are spent questioning life decisions, but you should be very proud of the home you have put together and the family you are raising. Most of all, I applaud you for maintaining your sense of humor through it all. (i.e. skipping through a Kohl's parking lot at 1:00am with your soon to be Mexican sista)

And to you both -

This weekend was proof to me that I am not the only one who sees all of these amazing qualities. You have surrounded yourself with this incredible support system of family and friends that creep out of the woodwork when duty calls. We may be a little dysfunctional as a group - OK....ALOT dysfunctional - but that diverse crazy crew you call "friends" is a total reflection of the two of you. Thank you for proving to me that love, loyalty, and hard work truly does pay off. You have to get your hands dirty to be successful, but the payout is truly rewarding.

I love your loyalty.
I love your dedication to family.
I love my little(ish) Pebbles.
I love Officer Bob for allowing me to become a part of your lives.
And I. Love. You.


P.S. Titty Baby - this sentimental attitude is most likely going to be short lived. Please don't go thinking I actually like you or anything. Tomorrow I will go back to repeatedly making fun of your cracka ass like its my j-o-b.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

If you ever want to hear a story about how much of a butthead my brother is, come sit next to me. I've got a arsenal of stories that could keep you entertained for HOURS. However, what I don't share nearly enough is how incredibly awesome he is as well. I've never been more proud of him than I have been in the last year. Watching him truly transform into an amazing family man has brought me great joy. I totally agree with you BBB - there is no one who works harder (for himself AND for others) than Poke. I'm lucky to call myself his sister.

As for Care Bear, I've told her multiple times throughout this process that there's no doubt she's a better wife than me. Her willingness to embrace my brother's vision astounded me at every turn. As for how she has embraced motherhood? She's a natural. Pebbles is one lucky girl.

I could write paragraphs - NOVELS even - about that little strawberry blonde love in my life. I have several photographs and two videos from the time we spent together while everyone else was helping with the big move. If I told you I've watched those videos 50 times since then that would be a serious underestimation. She brings so much joy to all of our lives, and the only thing I love more than her full face smile is her well practiced look of mischief. Watching her unleash her full level of naughtiness is going to be so much fun to witness and encourage (you know, because I'm just the aunt and I get to do that).

Love to all three of you. Beautiful post, Bob!

Anonymous said...

Bob- We love you and we are so proud to have you as a part of our crazy family. I will always skip through Kohls parking lot with you no matter the time of day! You are an amazing sister and I love that baby Pebbles has you as her aunt!!!
Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...