Sunday, September 19, 2010

The First of Many Lasts

This weekend, I made the trek back to E-wood for Dancing Queen's very last grand finale ultimate supreme Senior Homecoming. This marks the very last time I will serve as hairstylist/makeup artist for a homecoming dance. Comments regarding Dancing Queen's maturity and grown-up glitz and glam look were most definitely made, but all I could think about was.....When did I become the shortest member of the family? Damn.


While burning my fingers with the curling iron and cussing at the thickness of this girl's gorgeous locks, I opted to bring up some very important questions.

Me: So.....what are you going to do when you graduate?

Dancing Queen: Ummm.....I don't know.

Me: Have you applied to any schools?

Dancing Queen: Ummmm.....no.

Me: Do you like (a particular teacher who shall remain unnamed)?

Dancing Queen: Ummmm.....no. She's a bitch.

This girl, ladies and gentleman, is the future of America. We are still working on that whole "life goals" thing. Right now the focus is more on the tight-pant wearing football hotties from the opposing team's sidelines. And this is the reason I love my sister whole-heartedly. She's cute, she's spunky, and she is in absolutely NO hurry to grow up! The world could really learn a thing or two from this chica.

I would now also like to thank Officer Bob for his creative photography skills.  The buzz of high school girls and mom's with cameras may have been less-than-entertaining for Officer Bob because when I retrieved my camera to approve the digital documentation of the day, this is what I got.




Officer Bob and Huracan have lost all future photographer privileges. I'm sure this is not exactly a disappointment for them.

Of the many unnecessary photos taken, I was able to save a few good ones for your viewing pleasure.



I realize this was not MY homecoming dance, but Officer Bob knows that anytime we share a day off and a camera is around, photos will be taken. I have to have visual proof that we actually do spend time together.
NOTE: This picture did not undergo any editing.
Huracan is actually that tall. His height scares people. This amuses me.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...