Monday, September 6, 2010

Big Boys Play Dress Up Too!

Mark the date. This past Saturday. That beautiful summer/fall-ish day. Officer Bob and I officially moved in to Casa de Bob. It's been a long month of hard work, and there is PLENTY left to do, but I finally declared the house "livable" and we are here to stay. Good thing I have a loose definition of the term "livable". I am unable to do laundry or watch cable, but clean clothes and reality TV are apparently overrated. My priorities have been a little skewed throughout the renovation process. In fact....I sent Officer Bob to the cable company to get us set up today BEFORE hooking up the dryer. I don't care if he's the stinky kid at work as long as I am able to watch Teen Mom!

During the moving process, it was discovered that Officer Bob really had no idea the depth of his own closet. After pulling out what we thought was the last bit of clothing, Officer Bob stumbled upon this getup.
According to Grand Puba, this was the style "back in the day" when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and fire was yet to be discovered. Grand Puba may not be a fashion icon but I thought he was better then looking to Clint Eastwood as a role model. Apparently the "flasher" coat is called a duster, and both Officer Bob and I received a lesson in the proper styling of this unfortunate fashion mishap. Grand Puba shared stories of the "glory days" when he was able to chase and leap after the bad guy wearing his trusty duster. In my opinion, these so-called "bad guys" were most likely running in fear that Grand Puba would either A. Peddle a watch from his stash or B. Attempt to mount them horsey-style as this duster was specially designed for. It's a good thing Grand Puba spent his days working in law enforcement because he always had an escape from the fashion police.
I also have a theory regarding Officer Bob's career choice. After watching all the fun he was having playing dress up with his daddy, I am certain this was not the first time this has occurred. I have no doubt these two used to spend time playing cops and robbers forcing both of them into a lifetime working in the criminal justice system. Poor Gilbert was even roped into the fun serving as Officer Bob's trusty steed. Gilbert may be the size of a small horse, but I would not include "trusty" as being one of his strengths. Officer Bob's steed would soon leave at the first sign of a bacon-flavored treat.
There you have it folks....playing dress up is no longer a hobby for four year old girls or Victoria's Secret models. Big boys play dress up too! (Before you go getting all defensive, Officer Bob, the term "big" refers to your age and not your size.) I'm just not sure, however, that the cowboy-ridin' tough guys wore Puma tennis shoes. Maybe we can put some spurs on those puppies.

Side note: This is where my boys slept the first night at the house. I learned my place pretty quickly. Big-screen TV....Gilbert...then Big Boca Bob. I knew what I was getting into, and I am not surprised. At least I get my own shoe closet, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...