Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Playing Catch Up

An update on the summer fun happenings at Casa de Bob:

I am a musical theatre nerd - a trait I inherited from my mother. After she enrolled me in tap dance lessons at the age of three, I have been obsessed with all things Bob Fosse and Broadway. Mama Dirt and I enjoyed a girls' day out at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. I haven't had the opportunity of venturing to many theatres in my short life time, but I must say the Fox is hands down the most beautiful stage I have witnessed. Behold the beauty.  The pictures seriously don't even do it justice.


The day started with a stress free ride to the big city courtesy of Amtrak. We then headed to the famous Fox for a pre-show buffet complete with a dessert table. They were more than prepared for my arrival - the dessert buffet was stocked with churros. Ironic? I think not. We then headed to our mezzanine seats where Mama Dirt and I comfortably sat for almost three hours completely captivated by singing, dancing, and the Broadway nautical flair of "Anything Goes"


Our amateur review - Spectacular singing, impressive acting, and mediocre dancing (we are allowed to be a little critical after spending 20+ years at the Susan Basalay School of Dance) Overall rating? 4 stars - great experience with my favorite musical nerd buddy - my mama.

________________________________________________

Daisy Duke and yours truly are officially in business. I will expand on the state of our self-owned company in a later blog, but seeing as marketing is a must-have in the cut-throat business of event planning, I must make a plug. Please feel free to check out our website!

www.feverpitchevents.blogspot.com


_________________________________________________

Once again, the brave Bob siblings and a few tagalongs attempted and successfully completed the Warrior Dash. A few bruised knees, a few scuffed shins, and a slightly jammed finger or two all lead to the following pictures. Man I love my family!





_________________________________________________

Sergeant Bob and I have reserved a spot on the Bootleg Canyon ziplining tour during our Vegas vacation next month. I am 100% positive that I am more excited about this venture as I will be able to check another "first" off of my Summer 2013 bucket list. The countdown has started.
_________________________________________________

STAY TUNED FOR MORE CASA DE BOB SUMMER FUN UPDATES!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...