Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bob Typhoid

My friends and co-workers are obsessed with my future name change.

At first, it was funny.

Now......

It's kinda sorta still funny.

Example 1: They have inappropriately re-written the words to Cat Scratch Fever. I must write a sincere apology letter to Ted Nugent.

Example 2: I come back to my desk to find my name written in thermometers.

Example 3: A few former classmates have started calling me 98.7. And I respond.

Example 4: They have defined a disease using my hyphenated name complete with symptoms and treatment methods.

Example 4 has resulted in a heavy debate of when it is reasonable to hyphenate a name. I have been told that I should no way no how do so as someone may honestly think I have contracted a disease upon hearing my full name. Of all the details surrounding our wedding, I honestly had not predicted that a potential hyphenated name would cause discussion. However, some extensive research (thank you, Google) has shown me that my name would not hold a candle to several other women.











After reading these super awesome wedding announcements, I am seriously debating changing my current last name to Hay, Scarlet, or possibly Rheumatic. 15 seconds of fame on the Jay Leno show might actually be worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...