Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Soulmate

On the way home from a long physically demanding day at work, I call Officer Bob for some love and support:

Big Boca Bob: "On a scale of 1-10, how much do you miss me right now?"

(Don't judge. I didn't have the energy for a compelling story telling chat.)

Officer Bob: "Honestly?"

Big Boca Bob (fearing what the truth might be): "Sure. Be honest."

Officer Bob: "Honestly.....a 2"

Big Boca Bob: "A TWO?! Are you flipping kidding me?! A TWO?! As in, like, one more than ONE?! I feel that since we're engaged to be married and will be spending the rest of our lives together, I should at least get a courtesy four!! Seriously......A TWO?!!

Officer Bob: "You aren't going to change my mind on this one. My honest answer is a firm two. I mean....you're on your way home. I just talked to you this morning. Get over yourself."

Big Boca Bob: "But really, A TWO?!"

The line goes dead.

End conversation.

Thought process continues........

A mother flippin two?!

Next time, spare the honesty Officer Bob. Let's go back to that time when you just tell me what you think I want to hear. Then it would at least be a four....right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...