Saturday, June 18, 2011

Official Marathon Training Week #2


I've still got some more weight to lose before running
becomes a comfortable activity.

If you consider feeling like you are slowly suffocating due to lack of oxygen,
scarred thighs from chafing burns,
and back pain from bouncing frontal ornaments
 "comfortable".

I will have you know that running as a sport was NOT created
for hefty, well-endowed, short Mexican women.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

I still have about 10 more pounds to shed and one more cup size to drop
until I can successfully fit into the modern, hip workout clothes.

Until then,
I'll continue to permanently stain Officer Bob's old t-shirts with my chicana sweat.

Besides, I wouldn't want my running routine to be interrupted
by Matthew McConaughey look-alikes asking for my digits all the time.

My little black book is already full of the Don Vito type.

Must be the baggy t-shirts.

Holla!





3 comments:

North of 10th said...

This made me laugh out loud, keep up the good work!

The Mrs. said...

As someone a fellow sufferer of frontal ornament issues, I learned after some serious chafing issues that body glide is my equivalent to running kryptonite. I hate the name of the product and the imagines it conjures, but you should check it out if you haven't already.

You make me laugh - sending you lots of good training jujus!

Big Boca Bob said...

Thanks for the jujus, Mrs.! I have heard multiple suggestions for the use of body glide, and I think it may be time to finally put it to good use. My thighs can only take so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...